August 10, 2010
Program, Working Meeting:
Preparing for the Farmers Market
Garden Council House
1820 East Seventh Street
Charlotte, NC 28204
Hostesses: Madge Eggena and Dixie Kelly
Minutes from the July meeting held at the Charlotte Museum of History and the Hezekiah Alexander Home Site
President Dana Debellis called the meeting to order with thanks to the hostesses for a beautiful and tasty assortment of sweet and savory foods. Kudos to Karen Sullivan, Dixie Spivey and Gina Simmons. Look for the recipes on this blog posting.
Dana reminded us of the upcoming Farmers Market in September. We will be preparing herbal items at the August meeting to sell at the Market.
Patti Harlan introduced photographer, Tom Adams, to the group. Tom had already been working informally with members in the Museum Herb Garden before the meeting was called to order. In this more formal setting, Tom gave the following tips for taking photos of herbs:
Members printed photos and made note cards from a lovely selection of notepaper.
Contact information for Tom Adams can be found in the "herbal links" section of this blog.
Examples of photographs of herbs in the Museum Herb Garden, courtesy of Mary Beth Collins. More photos can be viewed on the right side of this blog posting.
The meeting adjourned at 9:00pm.
Recipes from the delicious food enjoyed at the July meeting can be found by clicking on the Recipes tab at the top of this blog posting.
CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 4 June 2017
- CHG Home Page
- Bylaws of The Charlotte Herb Guild
- Charlotte Herb Guild Membership 2018-2019
- Programs for 2018-2019
- Next Meeting of the Charlotte Herb Guild
- March 2018 Newsletter
- March 2018 Recipes
- Recipes from February Potluck Dinner
- The CHG Newsletter LVIII Volume 7 January 2018
- January 2018 Recipes
- The CHG Newsletter LIX Volume 6 November 2017
- November 2017 Recipes
- Recipes from 2017 Tea Party
- September 2017 Recipes
- The CHG Newsletter, LVIII Volume 6 September 2017
- The CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 6 August 2017
- August 2017 Recipes
- The CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 5 July 2017
- July 2017 Recipes
- The CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 4 June 2017
- June 2017 Recipes
- CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 3 May 2017
- May 2017 Recipes
- CHG Newsletter LVII April 2017 Volume 2
- April 2017 Recipes
- Charlotte Herb Guild Cookbook
- Bird-Friendly Herbs
- Herbs that Attract Butterflies, Bees, and Hummingb...