August 10, 2010
Program, Working Meeting:
Preparing for the Farmers Market
Garden Council House
1820 East Seventh Street
Charlotte, NC 28204
Hostesses: Madge Eggena and Dixie Kelly
Minutes from the July meeting held at the Charlotte Museum of History and the Hezekiah Alexander Home Site
President Dana Debellis called the meeting to order with thanks to the hostesses for a beautiful and tasty assortment of sweet and savory foods. Kudos to Karen Sullivan, Dixie Spivey and Gina Simmons. Look for the recipes on this blog posting.
Dana reminded us of the upcoming Farmers Market in September. We will be preparing herbal items at the August meeting to sell at the Market.
Patti Harlan introduced photographer, Tom Adams, to the group. Tom had already been working informally with members in the Museum Herb Garden before the meeting was called to order. In this more formal setting, Tom gave the following tips for taking photos of herbs:
Members printed photos and made note cards from a lovely selection of notepaper.
Contact information for Tom Adams can be found in the "herbal links" section of this blog.
Examples of photographs of herbs in the Museum Herb Garden, courtesy of Mary Beth Collins. More photos can be viewed on the right side of this blog posting.
The meeting adjourned at 9:00pm.
Recipes from the delicious food enjoyed at the July meeting can be found by clicking on the Recipes tab at the top of this blog posting.
CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 4 June 2017
- CHG Home Page
- Programs for 2017-2018
- Charlotte Herb Guild By-Laws
- Next Meeting of the Charlotte Herb Guild
- September 2017 Recipes
- The CHG Newsletter, LVIII Volume 6 September 2017
- Charlotte Herb Guild Membership 2017-2018
- The CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 6 August 2017
- August 2017 Recipes
- The CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 5 July 2017
- July 2017 Recipes
- The CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 4 June 2017
- June 2017 Recipes
- CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 3 May 2017
- May 2017 Recipes
- CHG Newsletter LVII April 2017 Volume 2
- April 2017 Recipes
- Newsletter XVII Volume 1 March 2017
- March Recipes
- CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 9 January 2017
- CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 10 February 2017
- CHG Newsletter LVII Volume 8, November 2016
- February 2017 Recipes
- February 2017 Photos
- January 2017 Recipes
- January 2017 Photos
- November 2016 Recipes
- Charlotte Herb Guild Cookbook